I thought this would be a great way to break the ice. Why an I blogging about books, who am I? Do you care — well if you don’t maybe this blog post isn’t for you.
I saw this tag on YouTube and thought it would be fun to post…. let’s just say I don’t have a review this week and I need content…. fine you caught me!
- I’ve always loved reading. As a kid, I used to stay up past my bed time, under the covers, with a flashlight, because I just had to finish the book I was reading;
- I feel really behind on American Classics since I was not born in the US. I am trying to catch up now;
- I sometimes write in my books – always in pencil but I find that I need to make notes in order to remember important and sometimes not so important passages for my reviews;
- I don’t use reading as an escape. More of a “day at the spa;”
- Sometimes I buy books because they look pretty;
- When undecided about a book I open it up to a random page and read a few pages to see if I want to buy it. It doesn’t always work;
- I love that I can get samples of books before buying them; One of the best things about e-books.
- I can’t sit and listen to an audio book. The voice always puts me to sleep. So, unlike many people who tend to listen to books while commuting to and from work, I am not able to do that because I just fall asleep;
- I’m still waiting to buy my bookshelves. My books have been in boxes for the past 3 years since we moved to this new house;
- The first book I read in English was “Go Ask Alice.” It’s about a young girl in the world of drugs. I remember really liking it and re-reading it over and over again. I was so proud of myself when I was able to read it without the dictionary;
- The best length for a book is between 300 to 400 pages;
- I’ve been thinking of writing a book since high school;
- I used to write little illustrated books in primary school when I lived in Portugal and I can’t draw to save my life but I thought these were the best;
- No one else in my family likes to read. Sometimes that feels so lonely;
- My competitive nature makes it difficult to watch too many booktube videos….. How do they read so much?
- I don’t understand the fascination with Young Adult books;
- I’m never sure what to do with a dust cover. Do I remove it or do I leave it;
- It’s so annoying when the cover keeps moving around;
- I’ve never read any of the Harry Potter books;
- Because I don’t want to!
- I never remember the names of authors. Even if I love the book;
- I don’t understand people that can’t DNF a book. If you don’t like it, put it down and move on to the next one… unless it’s your job to review the book;
- Readathons make me crazy. It’s too much pressure;
- Anna Kereninna has been a challenge for me for the past 3 years. I still didn’t read it and it’s still sitting on my TBR staring at me. Even my best friend makes fun of me every year; and
- I think schools should concentrate more on reading and less on sports.
I hope you enjoyed this little bit about me. It wasn’t easy to think about 25 things book related about me.